Home-School Information

  • Home-School Forms

    Use this form if:

    Use this form if:

    • you home-schooled last year and are continuing to home-school for the 2019-2020 school year. In addition, if you have a student age 12 (Grade 7) you will need to submit new vaccination records or a notarized conscientious objection statement.

              Form: Letter of Intent to Continue to Provide Instruction Due October 1 at 3 p.m.



    • Use this form to request reimbursement for home-school expenses. If you plan to use funds, do not check the nonparticipation boxes on this form. The allotment for textbooks, standardized tests and individualized instructional materials for the 2019-2020 school year is $85.09. Please note: only expenses for the 2019-2020 school year are eligible for reimbursement. Purchase or order your materials after July 1, 2019. Receipts dated prior to July 1, 2019, will not be processed for the school year 2019-20. You must submit receipts and the items must also meet state guidelines. The deadline for presenting receipts and materials for reimbursement for the school year is April 15, 2020.

      Form: Student Report for Aids to Non-Public Students (ED-01650-32)  - October 1 at 3 p.m.

    • Submit this form in addition to the "Student Report for Aids" form if you expect to receive reimbursement for your expenses: Memorandum of Agreement 
    • Submit this form for registration: Home-School Questionnaire  
    For further information, visit the Minnesota Department of Education website.

    Click here for: Minnesota Department of Education Home-School Questions and Answers


    Direct questions and correspondence to:

    Richfield Public Schools
    Central Education Center
    7145 Harriet Ave
    Richfield, MN 55423

    p: 612-243-3000

    f: 612-243-3067


    As a reminder, students with disabilities who are home-schooled in Richfield and meet the Minnesota criteria for special education may be eligible to receive special education programs/services through the Richfield School District.  If you suspect that your child has a disability, or if he/she has a current Individualized Education Program (IEP) and you would like your child to access special education services, contact Mary Pat Mesler, Director of Special Education, at 612-798-6043.